Monday 4 March 2013

The scramble to get ready

Well Wednesday is fly day.......maybe. Still no plane ticket as we await my visa status in Cameroon. Apparently an easy country to obtain a work visa. Send scanned copy of passport,pay money, get visa. So it's hurry up and wait now. 

Busy days of preparations,tidy up loose ends at home and sort proper footwear and clothing for work environment that remains a tad unknown for certain. Today was my birthday which zipped by in a heartbeat. Took my mother to hospital today for a cath test which is a dye test for the heart. Test came back good news as no blockages were found. Still mystery as to why the pains in chest. Echogram is next step. 

Finally finished packing today last hurdle is offshore medical tests in morning followed with yellow fever shot. From there I have yet another doctors appointment for Malaria pills. Then wait for ticket confirmation. The U.S company I'm working for confirmed another local climber who is also a great certified welder to join the team. Will be nice to have another hometown technician on site. 

Had a nice evening with the wife and 4 kids over birthday pizzas and cheesecake. Nice to be home with everyone and not on the road as so many other birthdays have been spent.

 Best get some sleep as I have to be up 4:30 am to drive my son to the airport for his snowboarding trip to Vancouver. Following day even earlier to take my wife and youngest son the airport for Florida trip I had to cancel for work.


No comments:

Post a Comment