Saturday 2 March 2013

The Beginning

After 18 years of working in the rope access industry throughout the North American market my career path hit a wall that turned into a mere speed bump. I've had a U.S work visa for 15 years while living in Canada as a Canadian citizen while raising a family of 4 with my wife Karen. While attempting to renew yet another U.S work visa , my 6th, 2 weeks back it was my misfortune to run into an Immigration Officer having a bad day or perhaps a bad life judging her demeanour. Thus my normal career path was temporarily derailed, time to regroup. With the majority of my clients in the U.S and my 2013 work schedule now debunked it was time to put together a resume and seek new challenges.

Fifteen minutes. Fifteen minutes after I finished my résumé and emailed it to a potential employer whom has projects all over the world. I was contacted for a project they claimed  perfect for me. Limbe Cameroon, where the #%*~# is that ? I was applying  to be part of a small rope access team as a climber grunt, apparently I'm over qualified for that position. Instead I will be running a 24 man rope access team of welders and inspectors working on a 3 legged jack-up rig docked in port at present in the aforementioned Limbe Cameroon.

Fly day is Wednesday lots of preparations to do before then. I will keep family and friends and anyone interested in this new adventure via my first blog. Manny Williams always tells me I should create a blog site so Manny here it is.

Let the games begins.

1 comment:

  1. Hi that's was a good experience I hope . I am njang Albert IRATA 2 experienced and qualified NDT inspection ,my offshore ticket is very valid . if u don't mind I will like to know those companies who always have jobs in Cameroon . I will most happy if u can assist in directing me into finding a job .njangalbert@yahoo.Com

    ReplyDelete